[Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees

From: Catalin Marinas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:19:31 +0000

Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just looked at what gets send to the bk-commits mailing list, and in
> old changesets there's a header comment just filled with useful info,
> certainly enough to see renames, adds, and deletes.  (see example at the
> end of this message)

Sad, but you can't do anything about it. I noticed yesterday that you
can't even get the full patch from bkbits.net using the BKrev number
for some changesets.

> I fear that _any_ successful attempt to wring useful meta-data out of
> public sources will be met by similar attempts at obfuscation.

I fear the same.

> [What I find _really_ amazing is that the hordes on the lmkl continue to
> vociferously defend Larry with regard to this sort of thing, and pile on
> the insults for anybody decrying his behavior.]

I understand that some of them are fed up with this kind of long
threads but they just contribute to the noise (and make Larry more
self-confident). I'm pretty sure that if next month Torvalds would
give up BK, the same people would start complaining about this tool.

Catalin