Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz bug: network-access despite local repo

From: John Arbash Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz bug: network-access despite local repo
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:31:12 -0500

Matthieu Moy wrote:

>Ulf Ochsenfahrt <address@hidden> writes:
>

>>address@hidden
>>    /home/ulfjack/repository/2005/
>>

>What does "baz whereis-archive --all-locations address@hidden"
>say?
>
>I guess you've registered a mirror for address@hidden See
>
>  http://wiki.gnuarch.org/ArchiveRegistration
>
>and
>
>  ~/.arch-params/archives/address@hidden
>
>for details about this.
>
>Otherwise, you'll have to investigate a bit (strace, gdb) and provide
>more details. The behavior is not the normal behavior, clearly, but we
>can hardly guess the cause with only what you give in your mail ...
>
>Thanks anyway,

My guess is that he branched from a remote repository, and "baz commit"
is trying to generate the complete ancestry for the branch. That
requires connecting to the old archive.

I think there was a bug at one point where when trying to create the
ancestry, baz did not consider the fact that the ancestry was already
generated at an earlier stage. (Say patch-50 has +ancestry.gz, but 51
does not (generated by tla) it would be nice if 52 could realize that 50
exists, and not have to do the rest of the back-tracking.)

John
=:->