Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes vs. baz status

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes vs. baz status
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:33:12 +0900

On 6/23/05, Robert Collins <address@hidden> wrote:
> The plan was to consolidate the reporting so that we had
> RM install-sh => install
>
> to indicate a rename & modified. Much like your wiki page suggests ;0.

I don't know if that form is really much more useful than the old
form; at first glance, it seems more complex for automatic processing.
 For human users it's probably a wash.

Anyway, the format should be consistent between commands, shouldn't be
_gratuitously_ different from the old format (even if it's determined
that "unified entry" for each files is definitely better, the format
could definitely be closer to the old format -- if nothing else,
simply put the "R column" _after_ the "normal column"), and should be
discussed as part of a common change for tla/baz/etc.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.