Re: [Gnu-arch-users] details is details, not punctuation

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] details is details, not punctuation
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:30:49 -0400

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:14:17PM -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:
> Arch was forked because I declined an offer for employment from
> Canonical because I found the details of the offer to be
> obnoxious.

Somebody would have to check to make sure, but baz was trying to keep bidi
patch flow going well into 2005 (I can't find the post, but IIRC it was
around 1.2 or 1.3). 1.2 was back in March of this year.

When were you offered the job?

> I can tell you that the buzz on the floor of Cygnus was not that Kenner
> was doing a poor job but that he was too slow relative to what Cygnus
> needed to live up to its promise of feeding back custom changes to GCC
> into the mainline --- he was described to me as obstructionist.  Now
> perhaps there were opinions about the quality of his effort that I was
> not privy to but until I hear an account of the history that
> convincingly says so, I know what I saw and heard.

If I remember right, your resume mentioned you worked at Cygnus. I'd love
to know more about what happened in this. I think I saw mention of it on
"Revolution OS", but thats about all that I remember.

--
 James Blackwell      |   Life is made of the stuff that hasn't killed
 Tell someone a joke! |   you yet.                       - yours truly