[Gnu-arch-users] Re: details is details, not punctuation

From: Martin Pool
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: details is details, not punctuation
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:31:37 +1000

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:44:36 +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:14:17PM -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:
>> Arch was forked because I declined an offer for employment from
>> Canonical because I found the details of the offer to be obnoxious.
>
> I'm rather curious about those details.

Obviously that query needs to go to Tom; Canonical can hardly make a
practice of commenting on details of employment negotiations.

Anyhow, recent posts and long experience make it pretty clear that Tom's
goals, philosophy of engineering, approach to managing a project and to
interacting with people are very different to those of Canonical
(regardless of which you may prefer).  It's hard to imagine Tom and
Canonical would have been a good fit.

> They are generally careful to only hire people who will follow the party
> line, it's hard to find accurate reports of what goes on in these
> things.

A dilemma:

1- everybody says the same thing because it's the party line

2- everybody says the same thing because it's actually true

--
Martin