[Gnu-arch-users] Re: details, details

From: Lalo Martins
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: details, details
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:57:49 +0800

And so says Nikolai Weibull on 09/09/05 01:26...
> Back the fuck off, man.  How long have you been on this list?  The first
> post from you I could find is dated Aug 22, 2005.

I've been on this list since August 2003, and on -dev since October
2004.  I gave feedback on the first tutorial, and told Tom that, yes, a
-dev list would be a good idea.

I started using Arch and lurking this community much earlier, though.
By then, people would say I'm crazy to use a revision control system
written in shell scripts and slow like that, and I'd defend it claiming
it was a prototype.

Maybe I don't post much.  If posting is a measure of how long someone is
here, then you're here since March 2004.  Which means you've only seen
Tom abandon Arch twice.  I think you probably was lurking for a bit
before that, so you'll have seen he do it three times by now, as I did.

> How well do you think
> you know what has been going on during the Arch project's lifetime?

Well enough.

>>(You will notice that Canonical decided to abandon the Arch codebase
>>in favor of bzr, *after* you announced you'd abandon the Arch codebase
>>in favor of revc.  Bzr is revc done right.)
>
> Man, check the mailing-list archives before writing your FUD.

I don't need to check the archives.  Man, what's up?  You seem to think
the universe is in mailing lists.  There is a world out there, you know?

I'm hacking on bzr since about March.  And I've been trying to convince
Canonical folks that it's the way to go.  I've even stated something to
the effect that "if Canonical decides to go for the C codebase, I'm
willing to step in as maintainer of bzr".  And I found resistance.  They
thought baz was redeemable.  It's clear to me from the outside that the
announcement of revc was *one of* (maybe not the only one) the main
reasons they decided to switch.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
http://www.exoweb.net/                  mailto:address@hidden