Re: [Gnu-arch-users] details, details

From: Paul Hedderly
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] details, details
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:39:55 +0100

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 08:22:06AM -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 08:19 +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
>

> > Money corrupts.
>
> I don't accept that.   Money is a very useful tool.  Some markets
> function very well, promote economic growth, and create the famous
> "rising tide".   Overthrowing the money-system is unlikely to be
> helpful.

Of course the original observation is from the Bible - and says
"the _love_ of money is the root of all evil". It is sadly one of the
most misquoted quotes of all time.

Of course money does not corrupt - it is just a tool. It's greed that
causes the problems. And mankind has bucketloads of greed. Have you
noticed how few children need to be taught to be selfish?

Hmm.

> Stupidity and moral bankruptcy corrupt.   Arrogant wielding of power
                                ^... greed and selfishness

--
Paul