[Gnu-arch-users] Re: hmm. an alternative to a new maintainer. Hire your

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: hmm. an alternative to a new maintainer. Hire your manager.
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:14:08 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Sure, tla/arch is full of these stupid little implementation problems,
> though they're not bad enough in practice to put much urgency in my
> search for a replacement[*].

Clearly. I'm not saying GNU Arch is a bad RCS. Just that it's possible
to do better (and that a lot of people are actually working on doing
better).

> I've love a modern RCS that takes the good points of arch and fixes
> the problems, a net improvement.  But that's not what I find when I
> look around; I find a bunch of RCSs that improve on some of tla's
> annoying points -- and add stupid boners of their own (like git's
> creaky rename resolution strategy).

Did you have a look at bzr?

I'm not yet 100% satisfied with it, and I didn't use it enough to
really judge, but it seems really promising.

(well who's better than who is a rather subjective question. I see a
real improvement in Bazaar compared to tla while you didn't for
example)

--
Matthieu