Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO

From: Zlatan Todoric
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] review PureOS ISO
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 17:42:38 +0100

Hello Tiberiu-Cezar,

On 11/09/2016 05:24 PM, Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic wrote:
Hello,

What browser the PureBrowser is based on? What add-on repository does is
use?

It is based on Firefox ESR and it will have two xul extension from archive (https and ublock). We discovered bug (non-responsive tabs) so we temporarily removed it from alpha 2 image but we put in firefox-esr with those two extensions. It will come back with final release (where we also hope to iron out all the bugs you find and report - again https://tracker.puri.sm/maniphest/ for reporting bugs).

In future we plan to diverge a bit more from Firefox regarding defaults (or they maybe choose to have same defaults so we abandon the re-branding and avoid their trademark issues (not that it will happen, but just for our sake)).

Thanks,
Tiberiu

--
https://ceata.org