[Gnu-music-discuss] Re: Tie issues...

From: Scott Ballantyne
Subject: [Gnu-music-discuss] Re: Tie issues...
Date: 9 Sep 2000 08:32:14 -0000

I wrote:

> > I was surpirsed to see the ties which are not under the slurs going
> > down. I think it would be more legible to have the ties in the first
> > measure and second measure go up, the tie in the second measure looks
> > right to me.
> >
> > Or am I talking through my hat?
>
> Ummm. Erh. Yes.
>
> All our references tell us to put ties opposite to stems, which is
> what we do.

Well, ok. I accept that. Those measure still 'look' very wrong to me,
though. Perhaps it's the point of attachment of the tie? Looking at
some published scores, the ties direction is as you indicate, but they
are attached to the lower portion of the note:

    0  0 not 0-__-0, which is how lily appears to do it at this point.
    |__|

But as I said before, this is a minor issue.

sdb
--
address@hidden