[Gnu-music-discuss] Re: Tie issues...

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: [Gnu-music-discuss] Re: Tie issues...
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:17:57 +0200 (CEST)

address@hidden writes:
> That is what is wrong with making up rules according to "standard
> practice". Sometimes standard practice doesn't cover the ground.

Not following standard standard practice generates many bugreports
that the developers (us) have to deal with.  LilyPond operates on the
principle of least astonishment which means that we do standard
notation, even if it is broken in some respects.  Different settings
may be added by those who are interested, but they should default to
`off'