Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] Re: Tie issues...

From: Scott Ballantyne
Subject: Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] Re: Tie issues...
Date: 21 Sep 2000 07:11:42 -0000

David Raleigh Arnold <address@hidden> writes:
> What if you have two altered tied notes with different time values at
> octaves? Better to consider, correctly IMHO, that *all* accidentals
> end at a barline, or another accidental, instead of all over the
> measure.

That's how it works now. All accidentals end at the bar line, and
therefore need to be repeated on untied notes in a new bar. This
discussion occured because I was typesetting a work written in 1947,
which followed this practice, so it certainly didn't die out in the
20th century.

If you're working on something which needs a different style of
notation, I'm sure the lilypond folks would try to accomdate you. If
you're just theorizing about what notation should be, then this isn't
the right place for it.

sdb
--
address@hidden