[Gnu-music-discuss] cue context?

From: Scott Ballantyne
Subject: [Gnu-music-discuss] cue context?
Date: 12 Sep 2000 16:16:09 -0000

I have some macros which I have been using for putting cues into
parts, and define as so:

startcue = {
        \property Voice.basicStemProperties \push  #'stem-length = #6.0
        \property Voice.basicNoteHeadProperties \push #'font-size = #-1
        \property Voice.basicStemProperties \push #'font-size = #-1
        \property Voice.basicBeamProperties \push #'font-size = #-1
        \property Voice.basicTextScriptProperties \push #'font-size = #-1
        \property Voice.basicSlurProperties \push #'font-size = #-1
        \property Voice.basicLocalKeyProperties \push #'font-size = #-1
}

endcue = {
        \property basicStemProperties \pop  #'stem-length
        \property basicNoteHeadProperties \pop #'font-size
        \property basicStemProperties \pop #'font-size
        \property basicBeamProperties \pop #'font-size
        \property basicTextScriptProperties \pop #'font-size
        \property basicSlurProperties \pop #'font-size
        \property basicLocalKeyProperties \pop #'font-size
}

My questions: articulation marks are too high with these settings, and
I can't seem to figure out how to adjust these.

Is it possible/worthwhile for a user to create a context (i.e.,
without having to recompile)? If so, is there an advantage to this
over these on/off macros?

Thanks, as always,
sdb
--