Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] variable binding...

From: Scott Ballantyne
Subject: Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] variable binding...
Date: 22 Sep 2000 07:14:11 -0000

> The remark is all the more puzzling since \property is dynamically
> scoped: by doing a staff-switch, you can change the \property value
> that a voice sees.

Here's a small example of what I seem often find desirable to do, but
can't:

--------
first = \context Staff \notes\relative c' {
      <
      \context Voice = vone {
       d1-\thumb }
       \context Voice = vtwo {
       \property Voice.basicStemProperties \push  #'direction = \d
       \property Voice.basicSlurProperties \push #'direction = \d
       a'8-\thumb( b-1  a  b  a  b  a  )b
       }
}

\score{