Re: Newbie questions

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: Re: Newbie questions
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:45:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> On Thursday, 12 October 2000, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Atte_Andr=E9_Jensen?= writes:
>
> > 1) Does it (lilypond) allow for "alternate changes" that is more than one
> > set of chords above each other above the music?
>
> Chords are set on a 'transparent staff' of their own.  You can
> have as many as you like.

So you can of course have as many as these transparent staff's as you
wish?

> > 2) Does it allow for special symbols (like ° for diminishes, ø (o
> > with a slash) for half diminished and triangle for major seventh
> > chords) in chord symbols?
>
> Yes, I believe these are all there.

Great!

> > 3) Does it allow for parts to be labeled with letters, preferably in
> > boxes?
>
> You'd have to do that in a latex document and embed the scores.

Sounds a little akward, but it can be done and thet's the most important
thing... Thanx

So now I tried to install the guile rpm found on the lilypond page with

rpm -i guile-1.4.1.i386 --force

but it gives me:

ERROR: Could not find slib/require.scm in
("/usr/share/guile/site" "/usr/share/guile/1.4" "/usr/share/guile/" ".")
execution of script failed

I run a fresh Red Hat 6.2. What else do I need??

--
Atte André Jensen