Re: Newbie questions

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Newbie questions
Date: 12 Oct 2000 09:54:31 -0400

> 3) Does it allow for parts to be labeled with letters, preferably in
> boxes?

Jan> You'd have to do that in a latex document and embed the scores.

No, he's talking about rehearsal letters, which I would think have to
be part of the score.  I need this, too, and was assuming that when I
got around to trying it, this section of the manual was the relevant
one:

    manual> In addition, it is possible to place arbitrary strings of
    manual> text or TeX above or below notes by using a string instead
    manual> of an identifier: `c^"text"'. Fingerings can be placed by
    manual> simply using digits. All of these note ornaments appear in
    manual> the printed output but have no effect on the MIDI
    manual> rendering of the music.

--
Laura (mailto:address@hidden , http://www.laymusic.org )

(Note the email and homepage address changes; please update your
address book, bookmarks, and links.)