Newbie questions

From: Atte André Jensen
Subject: Newbie questions
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 00:00:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everybody

I'm currently using abc (another lighter typesetting language) to enter
jazz-standards, but abc has a number of shortcommings that might start me
using lilypond. Before I spend too much time on setting it up I would like
to know the following:

1) Does it (lilypond) allow for "alternate changes" that is more than one
set of chords above each other above the music?

2) Does it allow for special symbols (like ° for diminishes, ø (o
with a slash) for half diminished and triangle for major seventh
chords) in chord symbols?

3) Does it allow for parts to be labeled with letters, preferably in
boxes?

4) Do I need mutex or musictex?

5) Are there any way (other than by hand) to convert my efforts in abc
into lilypond?

--
Atte André Jensen