Re: Spacing in lily 1.3.118

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Spacing in lily 1.3.118
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 22:59:51 +0100

>       Hi.  I've just recently managed to upgrade from 1.3.46 to 1.3.118 (I
> couldn't before due to some library problem; RH7 fixed that :) ).  It's
> beautiful (especially the lyrics alignment -- Yay!), ... except :) for some
> reason, it seems that, using lilypond-book, it puts all the blank space on the
> page immediately following the sheet music, rather than at the bottom of the
> page.  Is there any way I can convince it to do otherwise?

Could you please send a small example.

>       Also, I was wondering, is there any way that I can convice TeX to
> tell me where to hyphenate words (ie. outside of TeX?).  I'm trying to
> make some way where I can just type in a bunch of verses, and then tell a
> script which belong inside lilypond, and which belong outside (ie. in
> lilypond-book), without having to retype them all with and without
> hyphens.

I recall having seen some trick in some newsgroup or
mailing list that achieved this using some trick
(I think they set some tracing* variable, among others).
I tried to find it in deja.com but failed. A question
in comp.text.tex will probably give a number of
useful answers.

     /Mats