Re: Spacing in lily 1.3.118

From: Werner Icking
Subject: Re: Spacing in lily 1.3.118
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:21:41 +0100 (MET)

> From: Laura Conrad <address@hidden>
> Date: 08 Jan 2001 11:37:38 -0500

>     Werner> MusiXLyR is such a beast which is written for MusiXTeX to handle
>     Werner> lyrics. You type in the verses with those hyphenations which
> should
>     Werner> be considered.
>
> I think the original poster was asking about how to not have to type
> in the hyphenations.  Given the TeX algorithm for deciding how to
> hyphenate words is so good, why should we have to tell it the
> hyphenation points, when it probably knows better then we do?

I don't think so. IIRC the original poster didn't want to type the
text twice, once with and once without hyphen.

In addition I know some cases of German lyrics where hyphenation for
lyrics isn't the same as hyphenation for typesetting text. Therefore
I wrote about those hyphenation points which should be *considered*
for typesetting the music.

-- Werner