Re: Couple lily questions...

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Couple lily questions...
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:28:45 +0100

> > 3. How do I escape curly braces ("{", "}") when passing strings to
> >    TeX?  For example, I'd like to do something like:
> >
> >      piece = "This {\sl is} a test.";
>
> Try piece = "This \{\\sl is\} a test."; (also the backslash
> needs an escape).

Sorry, I just realized that the real problem here is that
value of piece is interpreted by ly2dvi which cannot handle
any values that contain curly braces since Lilypond reformats
all TeX output with newlines after each '{'.
We've had this problem for several years and I still don't
know a good solution.
In text scripts or marks, though, my answer should work.

      /Mats