Re: To all you SuSErs out there: Compiling 1.3.140 on SuSE 7.1 (Kernel 2

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: To all you SuSErs out there: Compiling 1.3.140 on SuSE 7.1 (Kernel 2.4, X 4.0, KDE 2.0.1, that is)
Date: 21 Mar 2001 09:44:53 +0100

Olivier Guéry <address@hidden> writes:

> > since I've upgraded my system from SuSE 6.4 to 7.1, I have trouble
> > compiling the Lilypond sources.
> >
> > I always get messages like "could not enter directory out/dummy.dep" and
> > "make [all]: Error 2".
> >
> > Does anybody have an idea or have the list of packages that I actually need
> > to compile Lily 1.3.140???

The list should be in INSTALL.txt, I think only the red hat and debian
packages are named, but you should be able to figure out what the suse
names are.

Your problem is that you have (at least) two guile packages installed.
Maybe you have a guile in /usr/local.  The guile package that was used
during building, is different from what's being used during running.
Remove one installation of guile and recompile.

What does `which guile-config' say?  If it says
/usr/local/bin/guile-config, does /usr/local/lib come before /usr/lib
in ld.so.conf?