Still compiling problems on SuSE 7.1

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Still compiling problems on SuSE 7.1
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:24:18 +0100

It seemed it was the problem with the lilypond makefile that Jörg Anders posted
recently that prevented Lilypond from compiling.

Yet after I copied every conceivable directory to /usr/local/share/lilypond, it
still does not work. When I try to process the example "menuet.ly", I get the
following error messages:

address@hidden:~/music/input > ly2dvi menuet.ly
*** Temp directory is `/var/tmp/@20253.1ly2dvi'

Invoking `lilypond   -I /home/amelie/music/input -H title -H subtitle -H subsubt
itle -H footer -H head -H composer -H arranger -H instrument -H opus -H piece -H
 metre -H meter -H poet -H language -H linewidth -H latexpackages -H latexheader
s -H orientation -H pagenumber -H textheight -H papersize /home/amelie/music/inp
ut/menuet '
GNU LilyPond 1.3.140
Now processing: `/home/amelie/music/input/menuet.ly'
Verarbeite...
/home/amelie/music/input/menuet.ly:7:12: Fehler: parse error, expecting `SCM_IDE
NTIFIER':
            \key g;

Fehler: Fehler: command exited with value 256
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 537, in ?
    dvi_name = do_files (files, extra)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 435, in do_files
    run_lilypond (fs)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 271, in run_lilypond
    system ('lilypond  %s %s ' % (opts, fs))
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 251, in system
    error (msg)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 115, in error
    raise _ ("Exiting ... ")
Exiting ...

The "make htmldoc" worked, however.

Any ideas?