Re: To all you SuSErs out there: Compiling 1.3.140 on SuSE 7.1 (Kernel 2

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: To all you SuSErs out there: Compiling 1.3.140 on SuSE 7.1 (Kernel 2.4, X 4.0, KDE 2.0.1, that is)
Date: 21 Mar 2001 09:55:26 +0100

Amelie Zapf <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> since I've upgraded my system from SuSE 6.4 to 7.1, I have trouble compiling
> the Lilypond sources.
>
> I always get messages like "could not enter directory out/dummy.dep"
> and "make [all]: Error 2".

If you get stuff like:
   stepmake/stepmake/generic-targets.make:163: out/dummy.dep: Unknown file or
directory
that's okay.

The error is just before Make says `Leaving directory' (I faked an error:)

   kpath.cc:9: #error
   make[1]: *** [out/kpath.o] Error 1
   make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/usr/src/fred/src/lilypond-1.3.140/lily'
   make: *** [all] Error 2

see what goes wrong or send that to the list.

> Does anybody have an idea or have the list of packages that I actually need to
> compile Lily 1.3.140???

See INSTALL.txt.  Maybe you can match the SuSE names with the Red Hat
packages mentioned, so we can include them.  In any case, you need
tetex, te_kpath, te_mpost