Re: lilypond problem

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: lilypond problem
Date: 03 Apr 2001 23:21:06 +0200

Daniel Senderowicz <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, I'll look for it. Incidentally, something seems broken with
> the configuration procedure. I do have kpathsea and all the internal
> functions (e.g. kpse_find_file), but configure does not find it,
> while it does find everything else.

Check config.log.  You'll find something like this below, or maybe
another kpathsea check fails.  Copy the text to foo.c and try to
figure out why the command failed.  If you find a useful solution
(also on the kpathsea stuff), please mail it to the list so that we
can include it in INSTALL.txt

Jan.

configure:2968: checking for kpse_find_file in -lkpathsea
configure:2990: c++ -o conftest  -O2 -finline-functions -g
-DSTRING_UTILS_INLINED   conftest.C -lkpathsea   1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lkpathsea
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 2976 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char kpse_find_file();

int main() {
kpse_find_file()
; return 0; }