Re: lilypond problem

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: lilypond problem
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 14:10:56 -0700 (PDT)

>> >Btw, I was under the impression that LilyPond was part of the *bsd
>> >ports collection?  Or can't the makefiles in /ports automagically
>> >download the latest version for you?
>>
>> Maybe in FreeBSD, but not in NetBSD. Perhaps, when they found the
>> problem with flex, they gave up on compiling it.
>>

>interesting, so what does this post refer to:
>

> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=lilypond&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rnum=1&seld=941979788&ic=1

I just looked at that post. It is a different problem than the
one I had, mine was with flex. Mind you, NetBSD supports many
platforms and it happens that some packages are pre-compiled for
certain platforms while not for others. This guy was compiling
for an Amiga, while I run a DECstation 5000/240.

Dan