Re: lilypond problem

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: lilypond problem
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 20:51:19 -0700 (PDT)

>Check config.log.  You'll find something like this below, or maybe
>another kpathsea check fails.  Copy the text to foo.c and try to
>figure out why the command failed.  If you find a useful solution
>(also on the kpathsea stuff), please mail it to the list so that we
>can include it in INSTALL.txt

The problem appears with the configure in lilypond-1.3.145 in
both the gettext and kpathsea checks. In the gettext it seems
that the configure script does not tell the compiler to include
the proper library (-lintl) nor where to look for it (in my case
/usr/pkg/lib). In the kpathsea a similar thing happens because it
doesn't give the preprocessor the name of the directory
(/usr/pkg/include). Even if it finds it, the procedure would
probably fail because the configure assumes that kpse_find_file()
is char while in the <kpathsea/tex-file.h> is defined differently:

extern KPSEDLL string kpse_find_file P3H(const_string name,
kpse_file_format_type format, boolean must_exist.

#include "confdefs.h"
#include <kpathsea/kpathsea.h>
char kpse_find_file();

int main() {
kpse_find_file()
; return 0; }

So my question is: how do I modify the configure file(s) so it
will look for the proper paths for libraries and includes?

Thanks.

Dan