Re: lilypond problem

From: Daniel Senderowicz
Subject: Re: lilypond problem
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:51:43 -0700 (PDT)

>> If this path is not in your gcc's library path, that would probably be
>> a bug in your gcc setup.  You fix it by doing:
>>
>>   CFLAGS='-I /usr/lib/pkg/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/pkg/lib" ./configure
>
>Should be of course:
>
>   CFLAGS='-I /usr/pkg/include' LDFLAGS='-L/usr/pkg/lib' ./configure

I found another way. There are a few environmental variables that
can be set that tell cpp and ld where to look for files. They don't
seem documented anywhere, and I found them by looking for strings
in cpp and ld and just plain guessing; the man pages of ld mentions
only the run-time flag LD_RUN_PATH, not useful here. They are:

C_INCLUDE_PATH
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
LIBRARY_PATH

that did the job. It's atractive because it takes care of the
issue in every build that one has to do.

>Btw, I was under the impression that LilyPond was part of the *bsd
>ports collection?  Or can't the makefiles in /ports automagically
>download the latest version for you?

Maybe in FreeBSD, but not in NetBSD. Perhaps, when they found the
problem with flex, they gave up on compiling it.

Dan