RE: LilyPond 1.3.148

From: Glen Prideaux
Subject: RE: LilyPond 1.3.148
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:40:11 +0800

> Ok, could you send me the output of
>
>     regtool -q get
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentV=
> ersion\AppPaths\Python.exe\Default
>
> or if that fails, figure out how to run the regtool utility to get
> Python's, GSView's and MiKTeX paths, so that I can fix the login
> scripts?

I don't have any need to use Lilypond under Windows, but I do use a Windows
machine that has Cygwin, MiKTeX, Python and GSView installed. Here's how
regtool worked for me:

1. To find Python

$ regtool -v list \\HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\App\
Paths\\Python.exe
 = "C:\Program Files\Python\Python.exe"

(for some reason the get command would not work for me to get this ...
perhaps it's my old version of regtool).

Alternatively,

$ regtool get \\HKLM\\Software\\CLASSES\\Python.file\\shell\\open\\command\\
C:\Program Files\Python\python.exe "%1" %*

2. To find GSView

$ regtool get \\HKLM\\Software\\CLASSES\\psfile\\shell\\open\\command\\
"C:\GSTOOLS\GSVIEW\gsview32.exe" "%1"

There was no registry entry for GSView on my machine under the App Paths
key.

3. To find MiKTeX

$ regtool get
\\HKLM\\Software\\MiK\\MiKTeX\\CurrentVersion\\MiKTeX\\Install\ Root
C:\texmf

The executables are under C:\texmf\miktex\bin

Hope that helps.

Glen Prideaux