Re: Anything to do?

From: Andrew Resch
Subject: Re: Anything to do?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:36:51 -0700

Hi Luis!

Any help, I am sure, is greatly appreciated.

A few things that I can think of right now that need to be worked on
are:

Installer for GNU - probably off a Live CD? I was thinking a live system
on a cd that we could maybe just cp over to a hard drive?  The
components for a proper Live CD probably still need some work.

Packager Manager - we need to figure out what a GNU package will look
like.. I believe Alfred probably has some sort of idea about that as it
ties into the GSC I believe.  Maybe we could use apt to install the
packages?

GNU System Creator - still needs to be finished? I actually have no
clue.. Last time I tried it out, it seemed to work quite well for
building the few packages I tried.  Maybe Alfred can give us an update?

I guess at this point we need to have some more discussion on what
things need to be done and how we want them to be done.

Alfred, could you please give us an update on GNU and what you think
needs to be done and maybe some notes on how you would like to see it
done?

Anyways, I hope my jumbled thoughts help you out, and maybe we can spark
some discussion ;)

Cheers,

Andrew