Re: Anything to do?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Anything to do?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:52:16 -0400

    I meant to copy packages trees into the /stow directory.

Why copy anything into anywhere?  I can't see why copying files is
needed for package installation on the Hurd.  My original proposal was
that /bin and other such dirs would be constructed virtually by a
special file system handler.  Instead of putting a symlink into /bin,
you just change the data from which the contents of /bin are computed.

Why not do it this way?