Re: Anything to do?

From: Gianluca Guida
Subject: Re: Anything to do?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:56:28 +0000

On 7/21/05, Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>     Actually there's still some design issue between Alfred and me on how
>     we should check for dependency when installing packages (by copying
>     them to stowfs).
>
> Could you explain what it is copying, when, and why?  If this is
> implemented on the Hurd, why does it have to copy anything?

I've expressed myself badly.

I meant to copy packages trees into the /stow directory. This
is actually unneeded, since you could even make a symbolic
link of the package tree into the stow, exactly the way the
stowfs was planned to be working in previous talks in this
mailing list.

It's working on the Hurd, right now.

Thanks,
Gianluca

--
It was a type of people I did not know, I found them very strange and
they did not inspire confidence at all. Later I learned that I had been