Re: Anything to do?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Anything to do?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:31:42 -0400

    Maybe I am not stating my question properly.  Am I to understand Alfred
that
    you would host GNU System specific packages for Xorg, or GNOME, or KDE, for
    example, on ftp.gnu.org?

We would have to do this, unless developers start producing them
themselves.  Anyway, we would want to do this for many other reasons.

    I am not trying to be difficult here, I am just on the fence.  I was
    seriously considering an Ubuntu derived distro for GNU/Hurd

Please don't work with Ubuntu.  They distribute non-free software.