Re: Anything to do?

From: Barry deFreese
Subject: Re: Anything to do?
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:37:29 -0400

Ben Asselstine wrote:
> Gianluca,
>
> After talking in #hug about the stowfs translator, somebody
> (bddebian?) brought up the question "how do I know which package that
> file FOO belongs to?".  I think it's a valid concern, and I'm not sure
> how to answer the question.
>
> Maybe using `locate' will suffice?
>
> Ben

This brought up another question in my mind.  Is the intention to have a
 "GNU repository" for packages?  I know ideally it would just be the
upstream package but how would you handle Hurd specific patches that the
upstream author may or may not make?  Make the user patch the source
themselves?

Thanks

Barry (aka bddebian)