Re: info-dir translator

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: info-dir translator
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:07:21 +0200

       So a Makefile (or equivalent) that avoids install-info just on
       the Hurd actually has to do *more* work to detect whether to
       run install-info.

   You're mixing up two different things.  The `install' target would
   be what runs install-info.  Unpacking a package for the Hurd won't
   run the `install' target, or anything in the Makefile.  No package
   installation system runs the source package makefile.

Somehow you must create the package, and this is where you run `make
install', this installs usually a dir file, that has then to be
removed by hand since it isn't needed on GNU.  I suppose that untill a
`make package' (or similar) target is avaiable, we will just have to
remove such files "manually" (the GNU system creator does this, so it
isn't really a problem).