Re: info-dir translator

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: info-dir translator
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:04:43 -0400

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:
>     So a Makefile (or equivalent) that avoids install-info just on
>     the Hurd actually has to do *more* work to detect whether to run
>     install-info.
>
> You're mixing up two different things.  The `install' target would be
> what runs install-info.  Unpacking a package for the Hurd won't run
> the `install' target, or anything in the Makefile.

The case I'm thinking of is installation from source, without using a
package manager, on GNU/Hurd.  In that case, the user would run "make
install", and if the work of things like install-info is already being
done by translators, then I only hope that those commands won't give
any errors.  This way, no one will have to do anything special to
avoid running install-info, etc., specifically on GNU/Hurd.

paul