Re: GNU and Lisp

From: Luis F. Araujo
Subject: Re: GNU and Lisp
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 10:08:13 -0400

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

     I can't imagin why someone would want to write a
   translator in scheme for example, but being able to interact with
   translators is far more plausible (setting translators on a node,
   removing, getting information about them, etc).

If it makes sense to write translators in Perl or Ruby, it makes
sense to write them in Scheme.  I only wonder whether it will run
fast enough to be useful.

Last time i ran a scheme (little) program from GNU/Hurd, the
speed was very good. I don't think it'd be too much of
a concern. And since we are using Guile, it'd be easy to combine
the code with critical C code.