UTUTO-e isn't free

From: Leonardo Pereira
Subject: UTUTO-e isn't free
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:43:29 -0300

Today, I decided to format my GNU+Linux partition to clean it, and I
decided to test UTUTO-e distribution because I had read some texts
telling that it is the unique free distribution, so I entered in the
GNU ftp and downloaded it.

After the instalation I saw that only free software was installed in
my computer. I decided to look how the things works on it, and I saw
that they use the same package management system of Gentoo, no
problems, but when I saw the list of packages I had have an surprise,
there are a lot of non-free packages on their package list.

I am not sure but this is worse than the non-free packages on debian.
Defend debian isn't my idea, but, at least, in debian I am able to put
only servers that distribute free software, but I am not able to do
the same in Ututo-e.

I am not sure, but I see no reason to GNU support Ututo-e.

Thanks,
Leonardo Lopes Pereira