testing people needed

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: testing people needed
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:22:07 +0200

So I'm back on track, this isn't a snapshot, or well, it is... But it
is a snapshot of a snapshot.  It doesn't use unionfs/stowfs yet, but
that isn't a reason not to test it, what needs to be tested is the
whole `boot process', which is irrelevant to unionfs/stowfs at this
point.  So when all major/minor bugs have been weeded out, it will
just be a matter to plugin in unionfs/stowfs and making a new
snap-snapshot.  And do some testing of unionfs/stowfs. ;-)

So here is what you need to do, this assume that you have a proper
menu.list by the way.

0) Download
   http://www.update.uu.se/~ams/home/slask/GNU-test-2005-10-28.tar.gz
   (it is 45mb compressed, 150mb uncompressed)
1) cd /empty-partition
2) tar -xzvf /dir/to/GNU-test...
3) Frob your menu.list, the kernel is called /boot/gnumach (instead of
   the debianesis gnumach.gz)
4) Boot.
5) Report errors here or directly to me.
6) Have fun!

I'd like to see two tests, nameley: first boot, and consecutive boots.
On the first boot, core translators will be setup and then dmd will
start, and you shold get a login prompt.  On a consecutive boot, it
will just pop directly to dmd and then to a login prompt.

So run along now children, and start breaking things damn it! :-)