Re: testing people needed

From: Sergio Lopez
Subject: Re: testing people needed
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 05:00:06 +0200

El vie, 28-10-2005 a las 20:35 +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt escribió:
>    How did you compile it (configure options and gcc version) and from
>    where did you get the sources (ams-branch?) ? I would like to take
>    a look at this problem.
>
> It is from gnumach-1-branch (no such thing as ams-branch for GNU
> Mach), it might have some hacks from me.  I don't recall, you can get
> the same try using tla from:
> address@hidden/gnumach--ams--1.3
> (http://www.update.uu.se/~ams/{archives}/2005-update).

The problem seems to be a little bug (MAXIRQ value is 16, while reg_IRQ
array range is 0-15) in eata_dma and eata_pio scsi drivers triggered by
using gcc-4.0. Please try the attached patch, it works for me.

And for the boot process, I've only took a little look, but fsck claims
"filesystem arguments not allowed with --all", dmd and deco doesn't run
because they can't find guile, and login must be installed with setuid.
I'm too sleepy now to look forward, maybe tomorrow.

> By the way, I'm still waiting for papers from you, I'd really like to
> commit the patches that you sent to ams-branch, and maybe
> gnumach-1-branch.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you that I already have that papers (for glibc,
gnumach and hurd).

--
Sergio Lopez
address@hidden