Re: A GNU Distribution

From: Aurélien
Subject: Re: A GNU Distribution
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 20:09:57 +0200

Dave Crossland <address@hidden> writes:

> On 1 April 2012 09:45, Aurélien <address@hidden> wrote:
>> #freetard which have been be
>> created because of the misanderstood of the word "hacker"
>
> I thought that it a term coined in relation to libre software by the
> then famous Fake Steve blog, 6-8 years ago, to mock software freedom
> activists. http://www.fakesteve.net/tag/freetards
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

No sorry, but #freetard is on IRC freenode.net have been created last
year at the end of LibrePlanet meeting by some people which enjoy free
software ...

Most of them use, and dev software and/or free distro.

Now as one of them have just respond to me "What is the problem in
beeing slow in learning?" Which i have respond, "no one for me, i am far
from fast brain mounted :p"

But ok i understand your point of view and if it can be a fine joke
spirit for some of (us(us in freetard)) i understand that it's not clear
for everyone.

And personnaly really prefer the term "Hacker" which i don't think i am
.. maybe just a very very little padawan.

And to close this point, i have personnaly get position on that term
"Hackers and Hactivist" some month before alone in front the pentagon
which have says that they will throw a missile to the hacktivist which
will cut USA electricity network that it was a country in war or not
against USA. And tell them to go back school or ask the MIT about that
term. (it was on twitter, but yes i have close this account which have
been be created just for politicals reason.)

So the fact is that there is a Hunt Socery on that term ... burn me if
you whish ... so yes i consider myself as an hacktivist because i
consider that this word mean "working/learning for free solutions to
increase free working solutions for all."

Well that don't solve the point of a GNU United or just one more ...

Refering to your history (USA) it seems that United and Freedom can have
some success.

But maybe it's a falacy of some historian writers.

Hey GNU United sounds good too :p

--
Aurelien - Animateur address@hidden
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Aurelien