Re: A GNU Distribution

From: Aurélien
Subject: Re: A GNU Distribution
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:38:42 +0200

Yes, and this explain the interest of Parabola (Free side of Arch)

https://parabolagnulinux.org

At this time we have also an

 . AUR (arch user repository)
 . PUR (parabola user repository)

which works via our own works.

We use Pacman (for package management)

We have also our own free sytem builder from chroot including

 . libremakepkg
 . librestage
 . librerelease

which push automatically to the repo ...

Well we have tried to follow the Arch (KISS principle model) and free
software as best as possible.

I do not say that it is what you need, but PKGBUILDS system, seems to be
what you are searching for.

So maybe you wish to stay with apt-get ... maybe you can adapt apt-get
to  build stage and release PKGBUILDS adapted system to your needs and
try to make something more K.I.S.S. than the parabola's devtools ;-)

--
Aurelien Desbrieres
In stupidity, i am the expert x-D

A salute GNU!

And one more time Thanks you so much that no word exist to describe how
i am happy ridding in knowledge on my free GNU!