Re: Update on distro bootstrapping with Guix

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Update on distro bootstrapping with Guix
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:06:28 +0200

Alexandre Oliva <address@hidden> writes:

>> Also, would it be possible to have them on ftp.gnu.org as well?
>
> Sure, as soon as some convenient way to upload to ftp.gnu.org is
> available.  The current upload procedure to ftp.gnu.org just doesn't fit
> the size, frequency and automation we depend on, and they won't rsync
> from our server in spite of all the signatures, so we're kind of stuck
> in a deadlock :-(

Have you seen the gnupload tool in gnulib?  It should be possible to
write a script that rsyncs from your tree and uploads the files to
ftp.gnu.org.

I think availability of sources (even old ones) is important so that
projects can start to depend on Linux libre.  If old files goes away
once in a while, automated build systems (like Guix) won't use it.

/Simon