Re: x15

From: Omar Radwan
Subject: Re: x15
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 07:22:15 -0800

> Yes and most of that stuff from smartphone to internet of things and
> robotics run on ARM architecture ... One of the reason FS need fully
> free distro on that port.
>
> One of the reason why Parabola is trying to port it ...

I think ARM is one of the most open architectures. Mainly because anyone can an ARM processor, given that he has the right equipment and resources. Well, you have to get a license from ARM holdings. But much better than the x86 market. Only 2 companies are allowed produce x86 processors: amd and Intel, and Intel is almost a monopoly in the market. Its the giant. The FSF should have encouraged ARM architecture since the beginning.