Re: What to call Guix

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: What to call Guix
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:56:21 -0200

Em Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:19:21 +0100
Giuseppe Scrivano <address@hidden> escreveu:

> GNU-NG?  GNU next generation, or maybe GNUNG as in "GNUNG's Not GNU"?

What a weird coincidence!  I have myself used the term "GNUNG" to name
machines and an hypothetical company that would work exclusively
offering services/support for GNU-based systems.  I guess I've chosen
it because of my slight fixation on palindromes.  Perhaps it was a
somewhat obvious choice.

I confess, however, that I don't like the idea of the GNU project's
distribution of the GNU system not being called GNU, let alone being
called of something that explicitly says that it's not GNU.

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;

[GNU DISCLAIMER] I'm a GNU hacker, but my views don't necessarily
match those of the GNU project.  Hereby I express my own opinion,
style and perception, in good faith, aiming the betterment of GNU.