gnugeneration

[Gnugeneration] Lets figure out this logo thing

From: Max Shinn
Subject: [Gnugeneration] Lets figure out this logo thing
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:26:41 -0500 (CDT)

I am very excited about of the great logos that have been submitted, but I
think it is time to choose one.  If anyone is working on a new logo,
please get it submitted on the project page within the next day or two,
and let everyone know you're working on one by sending a message to this
list.

The votes will be private.  I would like to run this through a 3rd party
so that nobody associated with GNU Generation knows the vote count for
each, only the winner.  I have some ideas lined up of easy ways to do
this, but suggestions are welcome.

Also, I would like to use a slightly more balanced voting system than a
typical ballot.  From my experiences, the most effective way to do this is
to give each person 10 vote points.  All 10 can go on a single logo, or
they can be split between multiple logos.  So for instance, if I liked the
"pig logo" and the "cow logo", but the "cow logo" slightly better, I may
give the pig 4 points and the cow 6.  This way, nobody is forced to choose
a "favorite" necessarily, but can instead pick out favorites.  Opinions?

I'll start an official vote in a few days.

--
Max Shinn
Free Software Foundation Intern