[gnugo-devel] Trevor's regression view

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Trevor's regression view
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 21:33:02 +0200

I notice that Trevor's regression view at
http://www.public32.com/regress/ includes some occurences of FAILED
test cases. Those are unexpected and nothing I'm able to reproduce.
Assuming he hasn't made any private changes breaking the engine, this
seems to indicate some portability problem.

I want to focus on the test case filllib:27. The detailed view says
GNU Go wants to play at C18, which there's really no reason for. I'd
be interested in seeing the trace output when running the engine on
that position with the options "-w -t -d0x4000".

Has anyone else encountered unexpected regression failures with 3.1.8?
(Current CVS should have a couple unexpected failures together with
quite a few unexpected passes, though not the particular unexpected
failures on Trevor's page.)

/Gunnar