[gnugo-devel] gnu-go assignment

From: vsteigvi
Subject: [gnugo-devel] gnu-go assignment
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:08:55 -0500

I have a couple idea's that I've been pondering for the Go endgame.

One.
To break the endgame into sub-games and do local searches on each sub-game to
find an optimal move in each sub-game. Then evaulute the best move globally.
This is along Dan's idea.

Two.
To break the endgame into serveral subgames and give a value to each subgame.
Then do a global search on the board. At each level of the search just evalute
the sub-game or few sub-games effected giving a new overall value to the board.
This is along Evan Daniel's idea.

I have also had the suggestion to try to work on an engine less complex then
gnu-go and then try and implement with gnu-go if I have success.

I also want to point out that my assignment is a learning assignment. I am to
write a report at the end of november, but I would like to continue working on
this after.

I was just curious if there was anymore thoughts or feedback before I make my
decision.

Thanks Vytas.