Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: cgoban1 maintainership

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: cgoban1 maintainership
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 07:46:35 -0800

Arend wrote:

> This would also be extremely useful for determining the effects of
> tuning or other patches on owl (or other recursive) reading.

Both true. I had a different idea which I'll now mention.

You've probably seen outline processors, which display text
in a tree consisting of nodes that can be expanded or collapsed.
A collapsed node is marked with a -, an expanded one with a +.
This would work extremely well in the CGoban Tools window.
(In conjunction with Gunnar's idea, the diff view where
nodal differences are marked with a change in color could
be hereditary to collapsed nodes.)

This could make traversing a huge sgf tree easier.

Also it would help immensely if clicking a point on the board
would move to an existing node if possible instead of opening a
new one. Perhaps right clicking could give the current behavior.

The problem is that CGoban1 is hard to hack on.