Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: cgoban1 maintainership

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: cgoban1 maintainership
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 16:28:43 +0100 (CET)

Dan wrote:

> Whether or not you want to change this I think the documentation
> of the shift-click behavior needs to be available from the tools
> help menu.

At least for me, it is available via the "help" button in the game window
(and there is also a hint in the tools window displayed permanently
here) -- maybe cgoban1 has too many help buttons...
While we are at it, there is another feature that is undocumented as far
as I know.  While you are in the game window, you can use "Shift-Up" and
"Shift-Down" to choose the variation that will be followed when pressing
"Right" (i.e. the active variation in the tools menu).

I only found this by pure chance, and I think this should be documented
(unless me, too, missed the documentation somewhere). It is extremely
useful for browsing the highly branched GNU Go search trees.
(This is with cgoban 1.9.12.)

Arend