Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 2.0 and Liberty 1.0

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go 2.0 and Liberty 1.0
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 07:48:05 -0700

> I talked about this in KGS Computer Go room with gunnar (Gunnar
> Farnebäck):
> I plan to enter GNU Go 2.0 and Liberty 1.0 to Fifth KGS Computer Go
> Tournament - Open division:
> http://kgs.kiseido.com/en_US/tournInfo.jsp?id=112
> as GnuGo2 and LibertyBot.

Wow!

> Is it OK for you for me to enter these programs to tournament as I have
> described above?

This sounds quite interesting. Those programs are real antiques.

I played a few games between GNU Go 2.6 and GNU Go 3.7.4 when
I gave a lecture at PARC before the lecture. I think I started
with a 4 stone handicap but 3.7.4 was winning every game so I
tried a 9 stone game and it won that too. I think we believed
that 2.6 was six stones stronger than 2.0.